Marketing Operations Specialist
Remote - USA or Canada
This role serves as key contributor to Ciena’s Global Marketing & Communications (GM&C) Operations and Analytics team. The Marketing Operations Specialist will lead and support cross-functional initiatives driving operational efficiencies and process optimization. This person will also serve as a central project manager for on-going projects within Marketing Operations and Anlaytics team. Although the role has a strong focus on Operational Excellene and project management, the individual will be involved in all pillars within the group, such as Technology & Automation, Analytics & Insights and Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Map and analyze processes within the Global Marketing and Communications organization and drive process improvement initiatives making marketing more efficient and effective.
- Create and manage operations documentation and content for various audiences.
- Support the documentation and implementation of systems, policy, and processes.
- Serve as a central project manager for the Marketing Operations & Analtyics team.
- Manage team relevant communications of priorities/deliverables.
- Assist in the data management procedures around marketing reports and dashboards.
- Contribute to the administration and testing of budget reporting platform migration.
- Manage accounting-related requests including PO creation, supplier set-up, invoicing and payment tracking, as well as support contract workflows/approvals.
- Maintain high level of satisfaction with internal and cross-functional marketing contributors.
- Participate and contribute in the planning and communication efforts around marketing successes and contributions to the greater audience of Ciena.
- Research and provide recommendations on best-of-breed tools to assist in Ops strategic evolution.
- Assist in the management and review of external tool/service providers.
- Create opportunities to drive a healthy collaborative environment.
- Detail oriented and operate with a commitment to delivering quality outcomes, on time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Operate with high degree or professionalism
- Personal commitment to building relationships internally and externally
- Team player with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Thrives in busy work environment, takes initiative, and can multitask
- Demonstrate ability to learn and assimilate new skills quickly
- Fluency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of process flow / diagram concepts and tools
- Knowledge of marketing technology (Martech) and automation tools
- Knowledge of analytics and reporting systems a plus (Power BI, Adobe Analytics, Marketo)
- 3 to 7 years of experience providing operational management support
- Demonstrate ability to learn and assimilate new software quickly
- University education in Business Administration, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job please visit careers.ciena.com.