Business Development Strategist
What You’ll Be
Business Development Strategists love to network and expand their circles of influence as much as walking new prospects through a successful sales process.
They love facilitating interesting discussions, collaborating with our community, and consulting with our prospects on what life could look like when working with us.
Sometimes you will seek out opportunities to develop alliances with our company, other times you will look to grow the relationships with those already aligned with us. Either way, you will eventually look to progress relationships into sales opportunities.
What You’ll Need
- 2-3 years experience in a technical marketing, sales, or service role. Ideal experience would include all three departments. As a revenue operations agency, we need to be knowledgeable about how all of these teams work.
- 2-3 years in a sales similar role (field, channel, reps, sponsorships…)
- 2-3 years business strategy or consulting experience
- 1-2 years actively using the HubSpot platform
- 1-2 years of project coordination or project management experience
- Experienced at developing scopes, proposals, presentations
- Resourceful troubleshooter with a high technical acumen
- Highly disciplined/organized and able to segment your time and focus in order to hit deadlines and quotas
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
What You’ll Do
- Be visible and active in communities where our target prospects mingle
- Develop relationships and build alliances
- Seek to make connections among others within our networks and build industry goodwill.
- Seek out opportunities to regularly co-market, present, speak, be quoted… for the purposes of brand visibility and making new prospect connections
- Contribute answers and questions to the HubSpot forums
- Post and answer questions in the Partner Facebook group
- Publish engagement centric content to social media that is closely aligned with our services and industry
- Receive inbound leads and walk them through a consultative sales process
- Act as point to receive referred leads from our referral channels (HubSpot Employees, Referral Partners, allies to our company)
- Make referrals to our referral partners when leads are not a fit
- Rewarm and follow up with dormant deals and leads to renew interest
- Seek opportunities to sell the HubSpot platform along with our HubSpot centric services
- Be absolutely fanatical about maintaining your owned records in our CRM
- Help to transition new clients smoothly to the client services team
- Invest in improvements to our selling process
- Develop materials needed to evolve your own sales process
- Manage your projects
- Self-administer your own tasks
- Assign and monitor work to team members as needed
- Remain communicative and available with team and clients via slack, email, text, conference call, and smoke signals during reasonable business hours.
- Participate in regular team connect calls
- Complete & Maintain ALL HubSpot Certifications within 6 months
- Attend in-person and virtual educational events