Manager, Marketing Operations
San Francisco, Bay Area
Here at Berkeley Lights, we think cells are awesome! Cells are capable of manufacturing cures for diseases, fibers for clothing, energy in the form of biofuels, and food proteins for nutrition. So the question is, if nature is capable of manufacturing the products we need in a scalable way, why aren’t we doing more of this? Well, the answer is that with the solutions available today, it is hard. Berkeley Lights is here to change all of that! Our extremely sophisticated proprietary technology and Beacon® and Lightning (TM) systems accelerate the rate researchers can discover and develop cell-based products in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of conventional, legacy research methods. Using our tools and solutions, scientists can find the best cells, the first time they look.
Our goal is to continue to collaborate with customers to drive the adoption of our technologies, making cell-based products and therapeutics more easily accessible the world over! You will play a major role here in the marketing team, and our success will depend on you! We have been changing how the world develops cell-based products since 2011, and now our family of over 200 employees welcomes you to consider joining us on this incredible journey.
As a Marketing Operations Manager, you will work as part of a larger Marketing Communications team to strategize, design, and execute Berkeley Lights’ lead management processes, marketing databases, marketing automation platform, and track performance in order to plan, report, and conduct analysis. You will oversee all of the operations used to fine-tune the customer engagement programs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications, you will contribute to the development and cultivation of leads and opportunities.
- Scope and lead the implementation of Pardot, define how it integrates into Salesforce.com, and provide support to the Marketing team to manage changes, projects and issue resolutions.
Work with our CRM Steering committee to ensure SFDC and Pardot integrations adhere and align to the broader IT infrastructure requirements at BLI.
Ensure Pardot delivers business impact through training of Sales and Marketing staff and partner with Sales Ops to establish processes and best practices.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to define and evolve marketing automation system requirements and processes as business needs change.
- Work hand-in-hand with MarCom Manager to create strategic plans to generate the number and quality of leads required to achieve corporate goals; monitor success of these strategic plans over time.
- Build marketing programs for prospects with a view of steering them through a targeted customer buying journey.
- Measure and analyze campaign and marketing success as well as historical trends in order to provide insight into performance of marketing programs.
- Deliver performance reports to leadership, Sales, and Marketing departments with a focus on marketing investments, status of marketing initiatives, program ROI, lead acquisition, customer retention, and lead activity.
- Optimize conversions of website traffic, landing pages, lead content generation, and calls-to-action.
- Own the marketing database and establish strategies for segmentation, data quality/integrity, migrations, and completeness.
- Identify security best practices for data management, users, and permissions.
- Build and design eblasts with a focus on driving opens and clicks through A/B testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences is a plus.
- Salesforce.com certification is a plus.
- A solid background working with a variety of CRM platforms and marketing automation tools is a must.
- Expert knowledge of marketing automation including design, implementation, and execution of drip and nurture campaigns.
- Understand best practice for campaign design, lead and opportunity progression, and measurement of campaign success.
- Proven and successful experience and expertise in lead scoring, ROI, leading volume trends, and forecasting.
- Data and results-driven with a strong ability to conduct quantitative data analysis in order to determine ROI, program effectiveness, and lead volume trends.
- Metrics-focused marketer who has a deep interest for analyzing and understanding data to inform marketing decisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in paid media tools such as Google AdWords, LinkedIn Ads and experienced in working with website supporting tools such as Google Analytics, Wordpress, and SEO tools.
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Tableau, which will be necessary in the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations.
- Creative and strategic thinker with exceptional attention to detail, is highly organized, and able to multitask and handle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Clear and concise communicator who can work with cross-functional teams and upper management.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is effective January 1, 2020. Please read our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure Form regarding the CCPA and Berkeley Lights’ required disclosures about the collection of personal information.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.